The Readium Foundation
Individual Contributor License Agreement ("Agreement") V1.0
Thank You for Your interest in The Readium Foundation (the "Foundation"). In order to clarify the intellectual property license granted with Contributions from any person or entity, the Foundation must have a Contributor License Agreement ("CLA") on file that has been signed by each Contributor, indicating agreement to the license terms below. This license is for Your protection as a Contributor as well as the protection of the Foundation and its users; it does not change Your rights to use Your own Contributions for any other purpose. If You have not already done so, please complete and sign, then scan and email a pdf file of this Agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org. If necessary, send an original signed Agreement to The Readium Foundation, 93 S. Jackson St. #70719 Seattle, WA 98104-2818. Please read this document carefully before signing and keep a copy for Your records.-
Full name: _____________________________________________________________-
(optional) Public name: __________________________________________-
Mailing Address: ________________________________________________----- _____________________________________________________________-
You accept and agree to the following terms and conditions for Your present and future Contributions submitted to the Foundation. In return, the Foundation shall not use Your Contributions in a way that is inconsistent with its nonprofit status and bylaws, as from time to time in force. Except for the license granted herein to the Foundation and recipients of software distributed by the Foundation, You reserve all right, title, and interest in and to Your Contributions.
1. Definitions.- "You" (or "Your") shall mean the copyright owner or legal entity-authorized by the copyright owner that is making this Agreement-with the Foundation. For legal entities, the entity making a-Contribution and all other entities that control, are controlled-by, or are under common control with that entity are considered to-be a single Contributor. For the purposes of this definition,-"control" means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the-direction or management of such entity, whether by contract or-otherwise, or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the-outstanding voting securities of such entity.-
"Contribution" shall mean any original work of authorship,-including any modifications or additions to an existing work, that-is intentionally submitted by You to the Foundation for inclusion-in, or documentation of, any of the products owned or managed by-the Foundation (the "Work"). For the purposes of this definition,-"submitted" means any form of electronic, verbal, or written-communication sent to the Foundation or its representatives,-including but not limited to communication on electronic mailing-lists, source code control systems, and issue tracking systems that-are managed by, or on behalf of, the Foundation for the purpose of-discussing and improving the Work, but excluding communication that-is conspicuously marked or otherwise designated in writing by You-as "Not a Contribution."
2. Grant of Copyright License. Subject to the terms and conditions of-this Agreement, You hereby grant to the Foundation and to-recipients of software distributed by the Foundation a perpetual,-worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable-copyright license to reproduce, prepare derivative works of,-publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute Your-Contributions and such derivative works.
3. Grant of Patent License. Subject to the terms and conditions of-this Agreement, You hereby grant to the Foundation and to-recipients of software distributed by the Foundation a perpetual,-worldwide, non-exclusive, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable-(except as stated in this section) patent license to make, have-made, use, offer to sell, sell, import, and otherwise transfer the-Work, where such license applies only to those patent claims-licensable by You that are necessarily infringed by Your-Contribution(s) alone or by combination of Your Contribution(s)-with the Work to which such Contribution(s) was submitted. If any-entity institutes patent litigation against You or any other entity-(including a cross-claim or counterclaim in a lawsuit) alleging-that Your Contribution, or the Work to which You have contributed,-constitutes direct or contributory patent infringement, then any-patent licenses granted to that entity under this Agreement for-that Contribution or Work shall terminate as of the date such-litigation is filed.
4. You represent that You are legally entitled to grant the above-licenses. If Your employer(s) has rights to intellectual property-that You create that includes Your Contributions, You represent-that You have received permission to make Contributions on behalf-of that employer, that Your employer has waived such rights for-Your Contributions to the Foundation, or that Your employer has-executed a separate Corporate CLA with the Foundation.
5. You represent that each of Your Contributions is Your original-creation (see section 7 for submissions on behalf of others). You-represent that Your Contribution submissions include complete-details of any third-party license or other restriction (including,-but not limited to, related patents and trademarks) of which You-are personally aware and which are associated with any part of Your-Contributions.
6. You are not expected to provide support for Your Contributions,-except to the extent You desire to provide support. You may provide-support for free, for a fee, or not at all. Unless required by-applicable law or agreed to in writing, You provide Your-Contributions on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS-OF ANY KIND, either express or implied, including, without-limitation, any warranties or conditions of TITLE, NON--INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY, or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
7. Should You wish to submit work that is not Your original creation,-You may submit it to the Foundation separately from any-Contribution, identifying the complete details of its source and of-any license or other restriction (including, but not limited to,-related patents, trademarks, and license agreements) of which You-are personally aware, and conspicuously marking the work as-"Submitted on behalf of a third-party: [named here]". 8. You agree to notify the Foundation of any facts or circumstances of-which You become aware that would make these representations-inaccurate in any respect.
Please sign: ____________________________ Date: ________________