The streamer is one of the main modules of the Readium Architecture.
The streamer is usually divided into two different parts:
Every implementation should attempt to make each of these parts as independent as possible, to make sure that they can also be reused for other use cases.
- access packaged or exploded publications
- parses EPUB 2.x and 3.x
- spine & manifest
- table of contents (NCX, Navigation Document)
- media overlays
- encrypted resources
- gets the content of a publication’s resource
- deobfuscates & decrypt resources
- injects CSS or JS in HTML resources
- injects user settings (CSS custom properties) in HTML resources